Delta County has an office offering resources to veterans. The office serves both veterans and their families. Both Colorado benefits and federally funded benefits are coordinated through this office.
The Veteran’s Service office can help with the following and more:
1. Compensation for a service-connected disability.
2. Assistance with general improved pensions – basic, housebound as well as aid and attendant.
3. Assistance with an improved pension for wartime veterans or dependents that are totally and permanently disabled or are over the age of 65.
4. Assistance with application for Certificates of Eligibility for home loans.
5. Information regarding the state of Colorado Veteran’s cemetary in Grand Junction.
Delta County Veteran’s Services is a participating member in Delta County Senior Resource Council and can be reached at (970) 874-2082.
501 Palmer Street, Suite 106
Delta, CO 81416
Ph: (970) 874-2082
Mondays and Tuesdays
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
(If unable to meet these days, call and make an appointment)
Delta County Veterans Office Assists veterans and/or their family with any matter that relates to their military service and helps complete United States Department of Veteran Affairs applications for service connected compensation and/or improved pension.
Service connected compensation is for an injury sustained or aggravated while in the military. An improved pension is a need-based program for non-service connected veterans that are permanently and totally disabled, or over the age of 65.
|A sample of other tasks that this office can help with:
|Delta County Veteran Organizations
For more information on Veterans Affairs, forms and/or publications, please select any of the links below:
You are urged to contact all programs in your area and become an informed consumer.