Home Health Care covers a wide range of services and support, both skilled (nursing & therapy) and unskilled (personal care and homemaking). Agencies that provide skilled care require an in state physician to write orders for home health services. No orders are generally required for non-skilled care. Skilled care agencies should have a nurse available 24 hours per day for emergency support and are to provide the nursing, therapy and certified nurses aides as needed and ordered by your physician. You should expect all home health care agencies to share with you in advance the payment coverages available to you.
QUESTIONS TO ASK SKILLED:
1. What are the admission policies and procedures? Consider if these meet your unique needs.
2. What pre-admission assessment is available to assist you in your decision making? Is there a charge for this service?
3. Does the agency have a working relationship with your physician?
4. Who answers the phone after hours? What staff are available after hours?
5. For your diagnosis or needs what is a typical visit pattern?
6. What if my Dr. orders a service you don’t provide?
7. Do you take my insurance/Medicare/Medicaid?
8. Are you Medicare/Medicaid certified? Regardless of source of payment these are the only agencies who have Colorado Department of Health oversight.
9. Do you have any extra certifications or accreditations?
QUESTIONS TO ASK UN-SKILLED:
1. What pre-admission assessment is available to assist you in your decision making? Is there a charge for this service?
2. For your needs what is a typical visit pattern?
3. Is there flexibility in the scheduling?
4. Are you Medicare/Medicaid certified? Regardless of source of payment these are the only agencies who have Colorado Department of Health oversight.
5. What is your private pay rate? Do you have a minimum per day?
6. Do you complete a background check on your staff?
7. Are your providers trained?
The following businesses are participating members of Delta County Senior Resource Council.
Touch of Care (970) 874 6115 www.touchofcarepcp.com Professionally Providing Compassionate Care
Delta Montrose Home Health Services is a Dept. at Delta County Memorial Hospital and can be reached at (970) 874-2463. www.deltahospital.org
PeopleCare Health Care Services, LLC. can be reached at (970) 874-0136 Providing You with independence, peace of mind and in-home quality care since 1992. www.PeopleCareHS.com
Senior CommUnity Care-PACE (970) 835-8500 (970) 252-0522 Toll Free: 1 844-VOA-4YOU www.voahealthservices.org
Comfort Keepers (970) 240-4121 — Montrose and (970) 241-8818 Grand Junction www.ComfortKeepers.com
First Light Home Care (970) 417 4812 (970) 275 6058 www.firstlighthomecare.com Extraordinary People – Exceptional Care
Nuclear Care Partners 888-525-5111 www.nuclearcarepartners.com/grand-junction-co Helping Uranium Workers live well At Home.
You are urged to contact all programs in your area and become an informed consumer.