Rehabilitation is assisting an individual in returning to your prior level of functioning in daily life after an illness, injury or surgery. Your care may include the services of a Physical Therapist (PT) or Occupational Therapist (OT) or Speech Language Pathologist (ST or SLP). In addition to outpatient care at a clinic you may receive care in your home (see Home Health) or in an extended care facility (see Rehabilitation Inpatient Care). Talk to your physician and get answers to your questions before making your decision.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
1. What is your company’s experience with my illness/injury/surgery?
2. Have you worked with my physician and/or my surgeon before?
3. If I have no improvement, what would your next step be?
4. How do you verify my insurance coverage?
5. Are you able to teach me about my illness/injury/surgery?
6. How many days per week will I receive therapy?
The following businesses listed are participating members of Delta County Senior Resource Council.
Delta County Memorial Rehabilitation Services, a service of Delta County MemorialHospital, (874-2250), Horizon’s Health Care Center and Retirement Community (835-3113)
Paonia Care and Rehabilitation Center (527-4837)
You are urged to contact all programs in your area and become an informed consumer.